When a wheel is not correctly balanced, it might transmit vibrations through the vehicle's steering wheel, seats, and even the floor. These vibrations not only create discomfort but also make steering tricky, especially at higher speeds. As a result, checking the wheel balance of your car is a must. Maintaining a perfectly balanced wheel requires routine visits to a professional workshop for car balancing services.
Do you think your car's wheels need to be balanced?
K S Auto Services offers a Wheel Balancing Uxbridge service that will help you have a safer and more comfortable drive.
Here at K S Auto Services, we pride ourselves on having highly trained technicians that use state-of-the-art tools and the latest techniques to maintain your vehicle. Our wheel balancing services are reliable and cost-effective.
Reasons for Wheel Imbalance
Wheel imbalance may result from a number of causes:
- Manufacturing flaws can cause wheels to have abnormalities in how their weight is distributed.
- Wheels can become unstable when the weight on them is distributed unevenly due to factors like uneven tyre tread wear.
- Dislodgement or loss of wheel counterweights (usually fitted during a tyre change) due to accidents or mishaps like driving over potholes, hitting curbs etc.
- Wheel imbalance can be caused by incorrect wheel/tyre mounting procedures.
- Incorrect wheel alignment. Under- or over-inflation of the tyres can cause an imbalance.
- Problems with Brake Calliper Instability can occur if the brake callipers fail to work properly or get frozen, preventing a steady application of force to the tyre.
- Wheel imbalance can also be caused by faulty suspension parts like worn struts or dampers, which prevent the vehicle from moving smoothly and evenly distributing its weight.
Wheel imbalances must be corrected as soon as possible in order to prevent further damage to other vehicle parts and keep the vehicle running at top performance and safety.
Warning Signs for Uneven Tyres
Some typical early warning signs include:
One of the most common symptoms of wheel imbalance is a quivering sensation in the steering wheel, floorboard, or seats. Usually, this shaking starts at a certain speed and worsens as acceleration rises.
Unequal Tyre Wear
Asymmetrical tyre wear, often known as bald spots or excessive wear on one side of the tyre, can be caused by wheel imbalance.
Disturbance at the Wheel
Wheel imbalance may be the cause of vibrations felt in the steering wheel when driving.
Possible further signs of out-of-balance wheels include:
- Less efficient use of fuel
- Problems with managing directional control
- The tyres produce some additional noises.
Resolving these issues as quickly as feasible is crucial for ensuring a safe and smooth driving experience, preventing more tyre damage, and maintaining maximum vehicle performance.
Please note – At our workshop, wheel balancing is a standard practice included with every tyre change (new tyres as well as seasonal tyre changes). This will keep your wheels balanced and functioning at their best all year long.
Why Choose K S Auto Services?
Here are some of the main reasons why you should choose us to take care of your wheel balancing Uxbridge:
- Each client's needs are different; thus, we tailor our suggestions and our solutions accordingly.
- Our price is both reasonable and adaptable, so that it won't break the bank.
- Our number one aim is to make sure you're happy with the service you receive, so we'll do whatever it takes to make that happen.
- Making an appointment for a wheel balancing service is easy, thanks to our online booking system.
Stop wasting time searching for ‘wheel balancing Uxbridge’ and come to us instead.
We're located at Unit 4 Chiltern Business Village on Arundel Road in Uxbridge, London, UB82SN.
For bookings or if you have any further inquiries, you can certainly also call or email us. Our friendly staff is always happy to help.